Going Behind the Scenes
We are more than excited to share with you how a GoPenguin comes to life. Right from the beginning, as travelers we involve ourselves in every stage of the production process. A GoPenguin bag goes through an unprecedented journey just like you as a traveler and takes form like a newborn opening its eyes to the world.
GoPenguin luggage is made of Makrolon Polycarbonate Shell, an indestructible shell that is formed with a special heating and moulding process. This type of polycarbonate, supplied by German company, Bayer Industries, is the most advanced luggage material available in the market today. GoPenguin Bayer Makrolon Polycarbonate shells are the ultimate material to withstand extreme temperatures and resist impact during transit.
The GoPenguin team firmly believes in giving back to nature. We use a lot of recycled raw materials that go into the construction of our unbreakable shells. At every stage, it is important for us to ensure that all components have been tested prior to being used in the production line. From signing off on the spectacular colours and matte finish of the shells to rigorous testing of every component used, it is important for us to maintain a transparent relationship with our factory partners who understand the GoPenguin brand values.
(Clockwise from right)
- Glimpses of raw Makrolon polycarbonate resin shipped in from Germany before it is melted, colored and extruded into thin sheets for production.
- A worker patiently stitches a line fitted with our premium SBS zippers
- Every inch needs to be right. A worker’s tools on the table.
- Another professional doing what she does best. Stitching to perfection.
We spent years looking for the right manufacturers before we launched GoPenguin, and when we found them, we were blown away with their impeccable craftsmanship, skills and attention to detail. From the Hinomoto wheels to the interior zipper size, the leather stitches, the handles, and even the tiniest details - our manufacturers provided us with professional advice, guidance and insight at every step. They worked with us like a family.
To have faith in our project, it was important to work with a team that shared our ambition and our happiness. A happy worker results in positive outcomes and a friendship that will continue to grow in unexpected ways.
GoPenguin carry-ons are made with custom interior designs that need to be manually built by experienced artisans. It is also vitally important for them to maintain consistency with every luggage that moves on the production ramp.
(Clockwise from left)
- Moving further down the production line, the Carry-On has to be accurately drilled for connecting other parts like wheels, joints and handles.
- Any excess material on the shell has to be scraped off.
- Stacks of completed Carry-On shells on display for the next part of the process.
- These cute buckle straps are tough enough to hold all your items in the bag.
- Adept hands working flawlessly to attach them onto the bag’s interior.
The reason GoPenguin luggage uses Hinomoto Silent Run 360 wheels is because these are the highest quality wheels that are available in the market today. GoPenguin’s direct-to-consumer business model allows us to offer these amazing wheels on our luggage for you. First off, they are shipped in from Japan, and then carefully screwed onto the base of the luggage shell towards the end of the production line.
(Clockwise from top)
- The first Carry-Ons come in six stunning colors - fiery red, forest green, midnight black, polar white, skyline gray and atlantic blue.
- The Hinomoto Silent Run wheels installed and ready to roll towards the end of the production line.
- A look at a fully fitted buckle strap in the Carry-On
- We never get tired of looking at how beautiful the bag looks in the process.
To create an extraordinary product for you, we have strained every nerve and closely worked with our factory partners to give life to a remarkable piece of luggage that will inspire millions to travel around the world.